“bake your own happiness”
How to make an apple cake:
- 3/4 cup (90 g) of flour
- 3/4 teaspoon (3.45 g) of baking powder
- 4 large apples, any variety
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (170 g) of granulated sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) of vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup (120 mL) of unsalted butter, melted
2. Grease and flour the cake pan, then preheat the oven to 350 °F (177 °C).For this recipe you should use an 8 in (20 cm) springform pan, which has removable sides and is nice if you’re serving the cake at a party. Use margarine or butter to grease the pan before flouring it to prevent the cake from sticking.
3. Melt the butter and allow it to cool.You can melt the butter in the microwave or on the stovetop. Let it come to room temperature before you incorporate it with the other ingredients.
4. Stir the dry ingredients in a small bowl. Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl and whisk them together.
5. Prepare the apples. Use a knife or a vegetable peeler to peel the apples, then remove their cores. Slice the apples into bite-sized chunks (about 1⁄2 inch (1.3 cm) cubes)
6. Blend the wet ingredients. Use a hand or stand mixer to cream the sugar and butter. Then, add the eggs one by one, mixing the batter in between. Then, incorporate the vanilla into the batter.
7. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. You can do this by hand or use an electric mixer. Stir until the batter is smooth and creamy.
8. Fold in the apples. Use a spatula to gently incorporate the apples into the batter. Don’t over mix the batter, since this will lead to a dense, stiff cake.
- To keep the apples from sinking to the bottom of the bowl, toss them in flour before adding them to the batter.
9. Pour the batter into the pan. Use the spatula to smooth the top of the batter so it’s even.
10. Bake the cake for about 50 minutes. Put the cake pan on a baking sheet to keep your oven clean in case of spills. Rotate the cake pan 180 degrees after 25 minutes. The cake is ready when the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Serve the cake with whipped cream if desired.